We answer the question most often asked. If your question is now answered below please contact us. One of our friendly staff are more than ready to help address your enquiry and training needs. 

What Is The CTF (Construction Training Fund)

The construction training fund is a fund that can potentially subsidise up to 80% of your training costs.

The prices listed on our website assume that you’re eligible for a CTF subsidy.

To learn more about the CTF click here.

To talk to one of our qualified consultants to get help with determining your eligibility for a CTF subsidy – contact us today by clicking here or with the contact details below

Call: 0438 947 234


Verification of Competency (VOC)
Who needs VOC Assessments?
Those who are starting a new position or changing sites that need to prove competency.
Contact Kimberley Training and Assessment for a current verification of competency price list. Group bookings can be made.
Duration varies for each VOC type however an average is 4 hrs.
Candidates must hold the relevant competency or High Risk Licence being verified.
Available VOC Courses
Kimberley Training and Assessment use qualified WorkSafe assessors to conduct VOC’s in the following areas:
– Dogging
– Rigging Basic, Intermediate & Advanced
– Scaffolding Basic, Intermediate & Advanced
– Cranes Onshore
– Tower Cranes
– Cranes Offshore
– Forklift
– Earthmoving Equipment


What is a USI? (Unique Student Identifier)

If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you don’t have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment. Your USI will give you access to an online record of the training you have done since 1 January 2015. You will also be able to produce a comprehensive transcript of your training. This can be used when applying for a job, seeking a credit transfer or demonstrating pre-requisites when undertaking further training


What is an RTO? (Registered Training Organisation)

A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is an organisation accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) or Training Accreditation Council of WA (TAC) which is the national/state regulator for Australia’s vocational education and training sector. ASQA and TAC regulates courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met

Who is Worksafe?

WorkSafe WA is the Western Australian Government agency responsible for the administration of the Work Health and Safety 2020. It is a division of the Department of Commerce.

What is a high risk licence?

A High Risk Work Licence is a photographic licence, issued to persons who have been trained and assessed as competent to work in a class of work defined as high-risk work. … The licence will allow you to perform this work in any state or territory of Australia.

When do I need a high risk licence?

A person requires a “High-Risk Work Licence” to perform:

  • Scaffolding – basic, intermediate and advanced;
  • Rigging work – dogging; basic, intermediate and advanced rigging;
  • Crane and hoist operation – tower; self-erecting tower; derrick; portal boom; bridge and gantry; vehicle loading; non slewing mobile; slewing; materials hoist; personnel and materials hoist; boom-type elevating work platform; vehicle mounted concrete placing boom;
  • Forklift operation – forklift trucks; order-picking forklift trucks;
  • Pressure equipment operation – basic, intermediate and advanced boiler operation; turbine operation; reciprocating steam engine operation.
Are Kimberley Training and Assessments courses nationally accredited?

Kimberley Training & Assessing offer nationally accredited and non-nationally accredited courses. All nationally accredited courses are on our website with their relevant unit codes.

Do units of competency expire?

Generally, most nationally recognized Units of Competency do not expire; once you attain a unit, you hold it for life. While you hold a unit for life once you attain it, some industries impose a period of ‘currency’ (usually two years) for several roles.

After two years, they ask learners to be “reassessed” to prove that they still have the skills and knowledge in the units required by their roles. On completion of these reassessments (sometimes called “recertifications”) a certificate for another two year period of currency is issued.

In other cases units of competency become superseded and are then upgraded, in some cases you may need to attend the course again to get the be reaccredited with the current unit

Do high risk licences expire?

Your High Risk Work Licence expires every 5 years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.


How do I book into a course?

Bookings are essential as numbers are limited for each course

Call our office on 0438 947 234

Email us on

We are open from 7:00am  – 5pm Monday – Saturday

When will I receive my high risk work licence ?

Kimberley Training and Assessment will submit your HRWL application to WorkSafe.

It can take up to 60 days for your high-risk work licence to be processed.

If you have not received your high risk work licence within this time please call WorkSafe directly on 9722 2888.

Is there a minimum age to enrol into a course?

WorkSafe requires all participants to be a minimum of 18 years of age to be able to complete any high risk licence courses.

Non high risk licence courses do not have regulations for age requirements.

What is the WorkSafe application fee?

If you complete a high-risk course with us, a WorkSafe application form & fee will need to be sent off to WorkSafe.

The Licence fee is not included in the course cost but Kimberley Training and Assessment can submit your application on your behalf to receive a discount. 

What are the clothing requirements to attend the course?

Appropriate protective clothing such as your work uniform is required to be worn as well as safety boots.

Anyone who is not suitably dressed will be asked to leave the course without refund.

Kimberley Training And Assessment will provide a hard hat, safety gloves and safety glasses where required. If you wish to bring your own PPE you may do so. No jewelry to be worn.

How do I obtain a replacement high risk work licence ?

To replace your lost, stolen or damaged licence you must complete an application form and submit the completed form along with confirmation of your identity and the replacement licence fee of $59.

Do I need to pay upfront?

Yes, We Require full payment prior to the course commencing.

Are there pre-requisites for any courses?

A pre-requisite is a unit of competency that needs to be completed prior to completing a particular course.

Please refer to the specific course page to see if a pre-requisite applies to that course.


If you have any questions, reach out to us. We usually respond straight away.


If you have any questions, reach out to us. We usually respond straight away.


If you have any questions, reach out to us. We usually respond straight away.

"We deliver nationally accredited high risk and non-high risk training and assessing to Western Australia so you or your team have the skills to pay the bills"



Administration Office: 30 Graham Street Centennial Park WA 6330

Workshop & Practical Training: 275 Chester Pass Road Warrenup WA 6330

Postal Address: 104 Rufus street Milpara WA 6330

0438 947 234